This article outlines how to implement schema markup for your product pages using your Google Merchant Center data.
If you haven’t already done so, you may want to consider creating a Google Merchant Center account. You’ll be able to manage your appearance across all Google e-commerce products, upload product information (like pricing & pictures), and be displayed in Google Shopping searches. It’s recommended that you add new schema markup to your product pages to help Google reliably retrieve up-to-date information, and enable click-driving search features like Automatic Item Updates, Google Sheets Merchant Center add-on, and Product Rich Results. This ensures that you’re set up optimally and simplifies the creation and maintenance of your product feed in search.
If you’re looking to set up your product schema by hand there are a number of things to keep in mind. Be sure to follow all the Structured Data General Guidelines. Be sure to know the Google Merchant Center requirements for structured data markup. Once you’re comfortable with that, you’ll want to know which corresponding attributes and accepted values are supported by Google Merchant Center, how to handle a single offer vs multiple offers with product variants. If you’re new to schema markup all of this can seem daunting.
- Login to Schema App and choose the Active Project you want to setup.
- Go to https://app.schemaapp.com/merchantcenter
- Authenticate with Google – If you have Merchant Center authority, you can directly Authorize Access to Merchant Center. Once connected, Schema App will start processing and generating Schema Markup JSON-LD from the Product. You are done!
- Request Access – If you do not have Merchant Center access directly, you can request a colleague delegate the access. We provide an email template that invites them to connect the account. The system will generate a link to setup the authorization that expires after 72 hours.
- Request Access – your colleague will receive an email, click on the link, and proceed with the Authorization.
So long as you have set up one of our integration methods, this is a TWO CLICK solution to completing all your product markup. Once you’re done, just grab a coffee and spend the time you were going to use labouring over your markup on something else!