Last Updated: August 13th, 2021
If you are looking for an expert structured data solution to create, optimize, validate and discover structured data, look no further than Schema App. Schema App provides a SaaS technology paired with high-touch support to a managed service to maximize your results from structured data. Our scalable schema markup solutions work with any CMS, any content, and any technology.
If you’re looking to learn about alternative methods for deploying structured data, we’ve compiled a list of tools you might find helpful. Schema App does not endorse any of these tools, but we think that you might find this information useful in your structured data journey.
Every website is unique, and every business has different goals. Knowing what structured data implementation options exist will help any brand, from start-ups to enterprise organizations, to find the best schema markup solution for that particular site.
Structured Data Generators
Here is a list of tools that generate structured data. Structured Data generators will create the code for you, however, this code must be manually deployed on your website. Find the tool that works the best for you!
Schema App’s tools scale to any website’s needs and showcase your unique content in search through rich results.
Schema App Structured Data Markup Alternatives
Schema Markup WordPress Plugins
Schema App WordPress Plugin
Are you looking for automated schema markup for your blog and/or articles?
Free WordPress Plugin
Schema App automatically creates default schema markup for article pages, blog posts, search pages, author pages, and collection pages. Maximize your schema markup by leveraging WordPress’s out-of-the-box capabilities with Schema App’s solutions.
Does your website have less than 50 pages, but you still want to maximize your schema markup?
Less Than 50 Page Website
+ Email Support
Automatically create schema markup for article pages, blog posts, search pages, author pages, and collection pages, PLUS WooCommerce products and reviews. Access to the Schema App Editor enables you to add custom markup to other pages like your Homepage, Contact page, About page, FAQ pages, and more.
Is your website unique with content that doesn’t fall into things automated by the free plugin?
Tailored Website Solution
+ Customer Success
All of the benefits of the Advanced WordPress plugin and Schema App Editor PLUS a named customer success manager. Your schema markup expert will develop a customized schema markup strategy for you, markup your website (both templated web pages at scale and any other single pages), and provide ongoing support and performance analytics.
Schema App WooCommerce Plugin
Bring out the full potential of schema markup for product (http://schema.org/Product). This plugin is built so that you can inform Google about the unique quality of your WooCommerce site. This way, when a search engine crawls your site it can see all of your products and understand how it can find you buyers!
The Schema WooCommerce Plugin fully implements schema for WooCommerce. If you are looking for the most comprehensive schema.org product plugin for WooCommerce, you’ve found it.
WooCommerce’s default markup only goes part way in this regard, our plugin fills in the rest. On top of it all, we keep it fiercely up to date. With this plugin, you get a rich result as well as ALL of the required fields for Google Merchant Shopping feeds and MORE! Our newest update maps all your custom attributes. This means that if you have made some custom attributes on your product that align with schema.org markup for product, such as color or weight, we will use the schema.org/Product markup designated for that specific attribute. If the custom attribute is not in schema.org, we will map it to the generic additionalProperty class. Never has their been a more comprehensive Schema.org markup plugin for WooCommerce!
The WooCommerce plugin requires a Schema App monthly subscription, which also gives you access to the Advanced WordPress Plugin.
Schema App for WordPress Alternatives
– 1000 + installs
– 5 stars
- Easy to use, set it and forget it minimal settings.
- Enable Schema types at once per custom post type or post category.
- Provide a valid markup, test it in Google Structured Data Testing Tool.
- Output JSON-LD format, the most recommended by Google.
- Extensible, means you can extend its functionality via other plugins, extensions or within your Theme’s functions.php file.
WPSSO Schema JSON-LD Markup (WPSSO JSON)
– 200+ installs
– 4.2 stars
- Offers complete Schema / Structured Data / Rich Snippet markup, including images, videos, organization (publisher), person (author and co-authors), product variations, product ratings, recipe details, event information, etc.
- Overrides any missing or incomplete Schema markup in your theme templates.
- Choose another Schema type than BlogPosting for AMP webpages.
- Include all WooCommerce product variations and their details in the Schema Product markup! (Pro version)
- Specific Schema markup for Pinterest — Pinterest does not (presently) read the popular JSON-LD format. The WPSSO plugin and its WPSSO JSON extension include provisions for Pinterest to provide Schema markup using meta tags instead.
SEO Link Creator
– 300+ installs
– 5 stars (1 review)
- Suggests links to insert for one expression or for a block of text using new icons in visual editor
- Improves reader experience and SEO score by adding external links in posts
- Adds schema.org markup to reduce page bounce on ambiguous entities
– 20,000+ installs
– 4.1 stars
- Automatically detects your permalink setup and displays breadcrumbs based off that structure.
- Nearly all sites have some sort of hierarchy. Breadcrumb Trail recognizes that and builds a set of unique breadcrumbs for each page on your site.
- This means that it can also detect custom post types and taxonomies right out of the box. Whatever you throw at it, it’s got a solution.
Facebook Open Graph, Google+ and Twitter Card Tags
Marco Almeida | Webdados
– 40,000+ Installs
– 4.7 stars
- This plugin inserts Facebook Open Graph Tags into your WordPress Blog/Website for more effective and efficient Facebook sharing results.
- It also allows you to add the Meta Description tag and Schema.org Name, Description and Image tags for more effective and efficient Google+ sharing results.
- It also allows you to add the Twitter Card tags for more effective and efficient Twitter sharing results.
- You can also choose to insert the “enclosure” and “media:content” tags to the RSS feeds, so that apps like RSS Graffiti and twitterfeed post the image to Facebook correctly.
- It allows the user to choose which tags are, or not, included and also the default image if the post/page doesn’t have one.
RDFaCE – WordPress Plugin
– 100+ Active installs
- RDFa Content Editor (RDFaCE) is a plugin for TinyMCE rich text editor.
- RDFaCE is an implementation for WYSIWYM (What You See Is What You Mean) concept.
- It enables end-users to easily annotate their blog posts using RDFa and Microdata markups.
WordLift – WordPress Plugin
– 100+ Active installs
- Supplement content with images, links and interactive visualizations.
- Create relevant content recommendations.
- Produce content compatible with schema.org markup, allowing search engines to index and display your website.
51Blocks JSON Schema Generator
– 900+ Active installs
- 51Blocks JSON Schema Creator allows business owners to add schema markup to a single page or entire site without outputting the markup on the actual site.
Organization Schema Widget
– 6000+ Active installs
- Implement HTML5 microdata markup from Schema.org (organizations, corporations, local businesses & more) into your web pages to make your content stand out in the search results.
Structured Data Joomla Plugins
Schema App for Joomla Alternatives
Rich Snippets Vote
Rich Snippets Vote is a plugin for Joomla! which adds structured data support (using schema.org standard) for Joomla Voting System and K2 extension. This plugin is compatible with any other voting plugin based on Joomla Voting System.
Google Structured Data Markup
This tool helps you improve your site SEO and enhance the appearance of your website in Google Search results with the Google Structured Data Markup and Google Rich Snippets – Cards.
Schema Markup Magento Plugins
Schema App for Magento Alternatives
Schema Drupal Plugins
If you are using Drupal to set up your website these extensions are a great place to start developing structured data markup. Drupal has an extensive list of modules giving you the option of finding one that perfectly fits your needs.
Schema App for Drupal Alternatives
This Views plugin makes unformatted styles, field row styles and other output more readily configurable without needing to override template files. Instead of overriding row style templates for views where you want to specify different HTML elements (tags) and class attributes, you can specify these inside the Views UI and avoid overriding templates for each view.
– 1531 installs
Semantic Fields (formerly Semantic CCK in Drupal 6) was created to give users the ability of customizing and enhancing the HTML output of a field. With Semantic Fields enabled, users can specify the HTML wrapper element and classes for:
- The entire field
- The labels — above and inline
- All field items
- Each individual field item
This allows users to quickly create semantically rich and meaningful HTML markup for fields, such as:
- Definition Lists
- Ordered Lists
- Unordered Lists
– 1059 installs
The Rich Snippets module overrides the core Search styles and templates to closely match the UI of major search engines for Drupal’s internal site search. This project is an extension of the core Search and Schema.org modules to display structured data as the familiar rich snippets that end users expect. Rich Snippets also integrates seamlessly with the Apache Solr Search Integration module.
Structured Data Markup
– 40 installs
Provides an entity for adding Structured Data Markup (SDM) JSON/LD script objects to your site. You can create fieldable sdm object types to add whatever custom JSON/LD objects you like, and use context module to determine what sdm objects are rendered (in the page ) and when.
Schema Markup Shopify Plugins
If you are using Shopify these plugins will automatically create and deploy the JSON-LD code onto your site, helping Google to set up rich snippets (product reviews, prices and stock levels, and page breadcrumbs) on your search listings. breadcrumbs) on your search listings.
Schema App for Shopify
With Schema App, you can easily create accurate schema markup for your eCommerce products.
There are two options for Shopify customers:
Automated schema markup for your eCommerce website.
*To purchase the advanced offering, first download Shopify Core and then upgrade to the Advanced option.
Schema App for Shopify Alternatives
– 5 stars
This app allows shop owners to take control of how search engines see their site, and gives them real-time feedback about the success (or failure) of their search engine optimization efforts. SEO app has over 20 features, which include: Edit Titles, Edit Description, Keywords Field, Google Result Simulator, Google, Knowledge Graph Support, JSON-LD Data Support.
Structured Data Chrome Plugins/Extensions
If you are using Chrome, these plugins/extensions can be used to discover and/or validate existing structured data.
Schema App Chrome Plugin/Extensions Alternatives
Structured Data Testing Tool
– 20 users
This Google Chrome extension uses the Google Structured Data Testing Tool to validate your structured data markup and rich snippets. The Structured Data Testing Tool checks all metadata formats supported by the Google Structured Data Testing Tool including microdata, Schema, RDFa and JSON-LD.
Schema Markup Validators
Schema Markup Validator
The SMV has the ability to extract JSON-LD, RDFa, and Microdata markup, display a summary of the extracted structured data, and identify syntax mistakes in the markup. The Schema Markup Validator officially replaced Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool on August 9th, 2021.
Rich Result Validators
Open Graph Tools
- Complete Schema.org Vocabulary
- Ability to add and edit any and all schema.org markup
- Validation of input against Google and Schema.org recommendations prompts user for errors
- Central Management of Structured Data with sub-accounts for each client to segment markup
- Monthly Health Checks for maintaining Structured Data
- Competitive Crawls to identify markup on competitor site
- Semantic Analytics – add context to your analytics using structured data
Structured Data Conversion Tools
Some forms of structured data are useful for some of your needs and not others. Want to convert from one format to another? These tools will help you do just that.
Web crawlers crawl websites for existing structured data. This information can be useful in helping you determine the structured data your competition is using. It is also great to check in on your own site from time to time to make sure that everything is up to date. Most web crawlers offer free trials and/or freemium pricing strategies.
Schema App Structured Data Analyzer
The Schema App Structured Data Analyzer crawls a website to identify all schema markup. It runs the markup through our validation and provides the user alerts if the structured data does not meet Google feature requirements and schema.org standards. Used as part of Schema App Health Checks and Competitive Analysis. Can be integrated with Google Analytics to add semantic context to analytics.
Other Useful Google Tools
Schema App Highlighter
The new Schema App Highlighter is the world’s first complete visual highlighter that empowers you to markup ten or ten thousand pages in minutes. The Schema App Highlighter is designed to enable digital marketers to do complex schema markup without writing code and without the delays and dependencies of an IT development team.
Schema App Bulk and Dynamic JSON-LD Markup
Schema App allows customers to create JSON-LD at scale through bulk uploads (.csv or JSON file), dynamic mapping of a data feed, or updates on changes. Either method enables a large container of data to be transformed into schema markup. All bulk data is validated with our schema.org business rules, so that accurate and complete schema markup is produced. Structured data is automatically created in JSON-LD and sent to our cache, where WordPress, Google Tag Manager or API pull the validated markup.
Google’s Search Console Data Report
The Structured Data page shows you a list of each type of structured data found on your site, and which, if any, have errors. This tools allows you to check which structured data types have errors, drill down to specific errors fix the markup on your site and verify that the updated markup is correct.
Data Highlighter is a webmaster tool for teaching Google about the pattern of structured data on your website. Use the Data Highlighter to tag the data fields on your site with a mouse. Then Google can present your data more attractively in search results and in other products such as the Google Knowledge Graph.
Web Markup Tool for GS1 SmartSearch
The GS1 Web Markup tool makes it easy for you to add structured data about products to your own website, so that the details about the products that you manufacture or sell can be found more easily by search engines and smartphone apps.
This tool translates your JSON-LD code into an easily digestible snippet of information. You can view images and understand other data variables which are embedded in the code.
Web Data Commons
The Web Data Commons project extracts structured data from the Common Crawl, the largest web corpus available to the public, and provides the extracted data for public download in order to support researchers and companies in exploiting the wealth of information that is available on the Web.
Google Knowledge Graph Search API
The Knowledge Graph Search API lets you find entities in the Google Knowledge Graph. The API uses standard schema.org types and is compliant with the JSON-LD specification.
Schema App is at the forefront of schema markup strategy and implementation, providing enterprise solutions to some of the top clients across the world. To learn more about our structured data solutions and how we can help you reach your online business goals, contact our expert team. We’d love to hear from you and help you get started!