We’ve got a soft spot for kids, so helping out our local Food4Kids branch was a perfect way to give back!
There were two ways we could make the most impact:
Optimize the Food4Kids website
- The first thing that we noticed was that the website wasn’t being indexed, which means that it couldn’t be found by Google. We adjusted the settings so that they would show up in search as well as on the business listings.
- Next, we added schema markup to the Homepage, the About page and the Contact page so that the search engines would exactly understand their website content. This would have a positive impact on their website traffic.
- Finally, we coached them to update their website footer to include their social media links, so that we could mark those up too.
And then the fun part … we sent two groups out on different days to pack food for the kids!
Food4Kids provides students, living with severe food insecurity, with healthy food for the weekends. It’s an awesome cause. To learn more about Food4Kids, click here.
To learn more about how structured data (aka schema markup) can help the search engines to understand your website content so that you are found and stand out online, visit Schema App.
Interested in helping out?
Donations can be made one of two ways:
1. CANADA HELPS, directed to the Food4Kids program in Guelph: https://www.food4kidsww.ca/gwd-donate
In the message box, be sure to add “Guelph Small Business Challenge” so we can track and acknowledge the results of this challenge. Signing up for regular monthly donations would be a huge help!
2. CHEQUE made out to FOOD4KIDS WATERLOO WELLINGTON
Memo line: “Guelph Small Business Challenge” so we can track and acknowledge the results of this challenge
Food4Kids Guelph Program
c/o Hazel Dickie
133 Rickson Avenue
Guelph ON N1G 4V5