Bring out the full potential of schema markup for product (http://schema.org/Product). This plugin is built so that you can inform Google about the unique quality of your WooCommerce site. This way, when a search engine crawls your site it can see all of your products and understand how it can find you buyers!
The Schema WooCommerce Plugin fully implements schema for WooCommerce. If you are looking for the most comprehensive schema.org product plugin for WooCommerce, you’ve found it. WooCommerce’s default markup only goes part way in this regard, our plugin fills in the rest. On top of it all, we keep it fiercely up to date. With this plugin, you get a rich snippet! Our newest update maps all your custom attributes. This means that if you have made some custom attributes on your product that align with schema.org markup for product, such as color or weight, we will use the schema.org/Product markup designated for that specific attribute. If the custom attribute is not in schema.org, we will map it to the generic additionalProperty class. Never has their been a more comprehensive Schema.org markup plugin for WooCommerce!
Note: The WooCommerce plugin does not require a Schema App monthly subscription. It can be used on its own.
Schema WooCommerce Plugin provides:
- More than twice as much schema.org data than WooCommerce defaults
- Fixes the WooCommerce Structured Data error
- Pricing variations, item conditions
- All Custom attributes mapped into Schema.org/additionalProperty
Here is what’s included in product markup, everything in bold is over and above the default markup:
- Image (the whole product gallery)
- Offers (price, currency, availability)
- Item Condition
- GTIN (including gtin8, gtin12, gtin13, gtin14) Global Trade Identification Numbers
- Related Products
- Upsell Products
- Dimensions (height, width, length including mapping to universal unitCodes)
- Weight (includes mapping to universal unitCodes)
- Offer Variations (Each product variation is mapped to unique Offers)
- ALL Custom Attribute Properties to additionalProperty
Does Schema App WooCommerce Plugin give me product and review rich snippets?
Yes, it produces both product or review rich snippets.
Does Schema App WooCommerce Plugin work with the basic Schema App WordPress Plugin?
Does Schema App WooCommerce Plugin meet the new recommendations for Google Merchant Shopping Feed?
Yes BUT we publish it in JSON-LD. As of right now, Google Merchant feed only supports microdata. Sigh. We believe they will support JSON-LD soon but the only way to do it is in a schema markup in the page template. We can help you build this is that is what you want to achieve. Contact us for more details.
How is this different from WooCommerce Schema.org markup?
We provide more than twice as much schema.org markup than WooCommerce. WooCommerce plugin provides the basic markup to get you rich snippets – we provide all of the same properties. We also provide the following product characteristics:
- Related Products
- Upsell Products
- itemCondition (New, Used, etc)
- Mapping of all product attributes into additionalProperty
Lastly, we fix problems with WooCommerce structured data:
- breadcrumbs are not a property of Product
- Authors are People not Things.
What does the Schema WooCommerce Plugin look like in Google Semantic Testing Tool ?
I have customized my product template, will Schema WooCommerce Plugin work for me?
Absolutely, for the first time you can get all the benefit of rich snippets, verbose structured data and custom themed product templates all together. There is a caveat however, if you’ve implemented Schema.org using microdata or rdfa within your HTML product templates, you are recommended to disable those so that it doesn’t collide with this plugin’s structured data. However, the default WooCommerce product template removes that for you.
The goal of this plugin is to improve the structured data for your site without changing your sites appearance. WooCommerce allows themes to override templates to appear consistent with its look and feel. As a plugin author, we can rely on knowing WooCommerce’s templates but not every theme. Therefore, this plugin’s template overrides the WooCommerce templates but it can be overridden by the theme template.
If you purchase our plugin and it does not work because of your template, we will refund your money.
How can you know if your theme will override the Schema WooCommerce Plugin?
Check your website by going to WP Admin –> WooCommerce –> System Status page. Check if “content-single-product.php” appears in the Template section. If it is there, then your theme overrides WooCommerce’s template. To preserve the look and feel of your website, Schema App WooCommerce does not override these.
If Schema App WooCommerce is installed and active, a product page tested on Google Structured Data Testing Tool will show 2 products.
How to change your theme templates so the plugin will work
- Change the theme templates: To markup WooCommerce pages correctly this plugin uses four template overrides. You will want to remove any HTML with itemprop, itemscope and itemtype from the 4 template files listed above.
- Remove the theme templates: An easy way to do this would be to rename your theme’s template files mentioned above. This would restore this plugin’s templates, which are exactly the same as WooCommerce’s templates minus the structured data.