From the Schema App family to yours, we hope that this finds you healthy and strong amidst the challenges brought on by the global pandemic. Our team is all working from home, doing our best to continue to support our customers, educate the community and stay positive.
In this newsletter we’ve included updates on new schema markup classes specifically created to help communicate COVID-19 related information, new Google case studies, new fancy features in our Schema App Highlighter, a video blog with Barry Schwartz and more!
Enjoy these nuggets of knowledge as we all work from home and stay hopeful about the health of our global community.
Martha van Berkel
CEO, Schema App
Covid Related Markup + Cases Studies
- New SpecialAnnouncement type pending (in Schema App tools today). The intent is to bring clarity to practical information posted to existing websites during an emergency situation.
- New CovidTestingFacility type pending (in Schema App tools today). Can be used together with other Local Business Types (examples: Hotel and Pharmacy).
- New properties for Event schema markup – New properties have been added to the schema.org vocabulary so that you can inform your users that an event has been cancelled, postponed, rescheduled or has moved to an online format.
- Google Rich Results testing tool adds support for ‘How To’ markup for Google Home displays.
- Google added a new Case Study to their library. Read how StyleCraze improved site CTR 1.2x by leveraging How-to structured data.
Schema App Highlighter – New Functionality
Highlighter Data Quality Assurance – Your Schema App Customer Success Manager now receives proactive notifications if we’ve seen a change in your templated content and the schema markup functionality has been inadvertently affected. This helps us ensure that your markup stays active and up-to-date ensuring the best ongoing results.
Dynamic Yield – If you have content that loads after the page loads, the Schema App Highlighter will keep checking back for new content. As long as the content is visible to a user within 3 seconds, we’ll load the schema markup.
Exclude URLs from a page set – As you know, you can define URLs, URL patterns, or use an X-Path to identify a page set in the Highlighter. Now you can also exclude URLs and X-Paths from your page set, as required.
New Training and Resources
We’ve added the following new training resources to our website (Resources section)
- Optimizing a Services with Schema App Editor
- Optimizing a Review with Schema App Editor
- Optimizing a Product using the Schema App Highlighter
- Add Special Announcement schema markup to your website (scroll down to bottom of page)
We’ve also updated our FREE 5-Day Schema Markup email course with timely, relevant information.
Video Blog – Barry Schwartz interviews Martha van Berkel on Structured Data Adoption and How Schema Helps with Google Rankings.
Catch up here on any podcasts you may have missed.
If You Missed Our Partner Webinar …
With Schema App’s Reseller and Referral program you can help your clients excel in organic and voice search by adding Structured Data to your SEO repertoire! Listen to the rebroadcast of our webinar to learn more. Sign up as a Schema App Partner.
Resellers use the Schema App tools to add schema markup to your client’s website. You’ll receive upfront discounts, high touch support, training resources and access to sales and marketing collateral that you are free to re-brand. Your customers need not know that Schema App is powering the structured data.
Referral partners receive back end rebates for qualified leads that turn into Schema App sales. Eligible services include Schema App’s Premium and Enterprise subscriptions, professional services and Enhanced Analytics.
Aaron Bradley. Knowledge Graph Strategist at Electronic Arts – Engineering Content for Superior Search Performance: Introducing Structured Data.
Tip of the Month
FAQs are a fantastic way to qualify for a rich result in search and have very few requirements. The catch is that when the question and answer are shown in the search results, it can impact your clicks. The workaround: add a hyperlink to your FAQ so that you can link to additional content and track your success. Watch for a webinar coming soon on how to maximize FAQs.